Resilience Consulting Services:
- Climate/Culture Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- 360 Degree Feedback
- Restructuring Staffing or Service Delivery
- Strategic Planning
Behavioral Health & Leadership Dynamics (BHLD) has been providing management solutions for over two decades. We are a results-oriented, integrity focused, management consulting group that provides resilience consulting, coaching and training services. BHLD identifies critical issues and develops tailored, actionable solutions. Our unique consulting and advisory experience, insights and tools help you recruit and retain resilient, high performing individuals as well as improve strategic, operational and financial performance.
What differentiates BHLD Consultants from other consulting groups is our unique blend of behavioral, managerial, human relations, and business skills, all of which are integrated into a comprehensive approach toward resilience improvement.
Our Background: During the past twenty years BHLD has provided consulting services to a variety of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations and government agencies. The dynamics prompting the need for these services have varied and include:
- Significant shift in market conditions triggering new strategic direction and/or priorities
- Emergence of new technology
- New board, new senior leaders, new executive director
- Reduction in revenue base
- Need for innovation — new products or services, new ways to reduce costs
- Underdeveloped or under investment in infrastructure
- New stakeholders with new needs and expectations
- Lack of alignment across organizational groups impeding overall capability and performance
- Culture change in support of new direction and performance goal
Principles of Resilience Consulting:
- Complexity: Organizations are complex systems — when change occurs in one place in an organization, other parts of the organization are naturally affected. Resilience consulting is a critical component of strengthening viability.
- Change dynamics: Resistance to change is common and can be addressed in a positive manner. Surfacing, respecting, and working through resistance is a healthy and useful part of the change process. Addressing the emotions surrounding any organizational change ultimately enables the organization’s ability to become adaptive, more resilient, and optimize the success of the change objectives.
- Right People are Involved: Successful change requires alignment, commitment and participative leaders with the authority to influence action, and impact key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Full Participation: Engagement is necessary in order to cultivate resilience throughout the organization. All participants are encouraged to speak up and fully engage in the process in order to foster ownership and commitment to the change.
Multiple Perceptions: There are often as many perspectives and opinions as there are people involved in the process. In order for change to successfully occur, participants need to understand and accept each other’s point of view. Managing emotions is part of building resilience throughout the organization. This requires momentarily suspending positions, listening attentively, and balancing advocating for a point of view with inquiring about and honoring others’ perspectives.
- Jointly Designed Actions: Consultants and the client group work together to co-create a process which is tailored to the unique dynamics and constraints of the organization. This approach encourages innovation, commitment and ownership of solutions.
- Objectivity: Consultants work from a stance of objectivity, without bias, and with a strict code of confidentiality so as to engender trust throughout the change process.
In our highly collaborative approach, the following process will be followed (not necessarily in this order):
- Identify the change imperative with leaders
- Design success criteria
- Develop change strategy to align work expectations with organizational goals and competencies
- Assess current state and readiness using multiple feedback sources and team evaluation
- Engage key participants across the organization
- Perform organizational culture analysis as indicated; determine perceptions of internal and external customers in regard to performance management systems
- Define key stakeholders and determine roles and responsibilities
- Develop the change plan
- Implement and facilitate the change
- Identify and integrate learning solutions
- Monitor progress
- Develop and implement corresponding communication
Customer Satisfaction: In order to ensure that organizational leaders are satisfied in the process, we will:
- Seek their active involvement in co-designing and leading the process
- Develop project objectives, timelines and success criteria, which is monitored throughout the project
- Prepare regular status reports
- Conduct regular check-in meetings, solicit feedback and make changes accordingly
How do I arrange resilience consulting?
- Contact BHLD via phone (410-929-9302) or by filling out our contact form
- Talk to a consultant at BHLD about your needs
- Request a free price quotation
- Confirm arrangement and price via BHLD’s written agreement