Gap Analysis is a formal study of what an organization is doing currently and where it wants to go in the future. It involves the comparison of actual performance with potential or desired performance. Gap Analysis is also called a needs assessment or needs analysis.
A Gap Analysis consists of listing what is needed in the present situation (“what is”) and comparing this list to the needs to achieve future objectives (“what is required”) and then identifying the gaps that exist.
It can be conducted, from different angles, as follows:
- Organization (e.g., Human Resources, Materials/Equipment, etc.)
- Strategic direction
- Business processes
- Information technology
BHLD’s Gap Analysis process is tailored to meet the needs of the organization and may include:
- Human Resource needs assessment to detect gaps
- Meeting facilitation with key leaders and stake holders to identify gaps
- Collaboration with key leaders and stakeholders to close gaps and determine best solutions to achieve future objectives
- Organizational action plan